You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 [Gothix]'s Intern Application. on July 1st 2014, 7:28 pm

Name: Vince.

IGN(s): Gothix (Main), Kurayami

Age: 17. (well, 17 in like three weeks..)

Timezone:
Central.

Playing hours (EST):
After I finish my community service this week, pretty much any time I feel like it. Which is basically no-lifing it, so.. xD

Prior GM experience (optional):
None, but I've helped GMs many, many times on different servers. I've been known to give advice where it's needed, be it to staff, players, people who would later be players, etc. I also have a habit of being the "tech support" on Xat, so I know a few things about helping people get set-up and stuff (yay TeamViewer).

How long have you been a part of the Exodus community(In game and forums)?
I've heard about it from a few different people passing through and stuff, but I've personally been around for maybe.. a day, at the time of writing/typing this at best [a week at the time of editing it]. I'm already familiar with most of, if not all of the basics, and have already been doing my usual player support role on the xat.

What is the role of an Intern?
Player support and a technical "GM-in-training". They don't exactly have all the perks of being a GM, but they can be almost as beneficial as one if they do their job correctly, and can greatly reduce the load of a GM's daily problems. It's also in-part a non-permanent role to see if the person would be fit to be a GM once they gain the necessary training.
They're also there to learn about the more intrinsic parts of the game and staff life to make sure they'd even be interested in the long-run before any final decisions would be made about their use/value in the position.


Why do you want to be an Intern?
To be honest, partially out of curiosity. I've always wondered what it's like to be a GM, so at the very least, it'd be good training for later experience.
I also have plenty of experience dealing with hackers and botters already, and have filled in for GMs many times because they were being lazy, so I'd like to see if I can prove as beneficial to the community as I've been told I would be on my own, with my own reputation instead of using some well-known person's power for them.
I also just like to help people that much, as anyone that's ever met me would probably tell you. I'm that guy that loves to sit there and listen to people's problems, and try to help or do whatever I can. Having the ability to do that is almost like a dream for me, even if it isn't on a personal level per-se. Some would argue that I'm in it for the power, and there's not really any convincing anyone otherwise unless they know me personally, but I'll state that I'm not anyways because when it comes down to it, I'm really not.


Why should we pick you?
Aside from the fact that I'm fairly loyal and highly adaptable, rarely slack, and have slight experience, I dunno. Pick me if you want. I'm sure there are much more affable and viable applicants out there, just figured I'd do my part to contribute if at all possible. I've been told to apply for, and recommended to be a GM many times by many staff members and players of other servers,but I've never bothered. Always figured I'd just get rejected. I just hope that if I do get the role, I won't be a burden. The upside to that though, is that this server is still in beta, so even if I were to be deemed useless, it wouldn't cause any permanent damage.

Extra Information (optional):
I suppose I could say that I'm usually well-liked and am extremely fair (doing jury duties currently, lol). I dunno how much of a role that plays in final decisions about this stuff. [Sorry if I ranted a bit in the edit, I have problems with keeping my personality out of things that are supposed to be at least semi-professional. I hope it's not too annoying; I did my best to make it presentable.]
Also, my Skype info is on my profile if it's needed or anyone needs to speak to me personally. Aside from that, thanks for taking the time to bother reading this. xD Hope to hear from ya' one way or another sometime soon.



Last edited by ҳ̸֗ҲǤøтңιӿ۰ṄιԍңтᴍaᴙεҲ̸̛͓֗ on July 8th 2014, 1:21 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Editing IGN colors. (1) Adding needed information. (2))

View user profile

2 Re: [Gothix]'s Intern Application. on July 1st 2014, 7:39 pm

avatar

Lucy

Senior Member
Senior Member
Good luck =) Oh and ur bday is two days after mine aha

View user profile

3 Re: [Gothix]'s Intern Application. on July 1st 2014, 8:11 pm

avatar

Kawaii

Senior Member
Senior Member
Good luck, Vince.


____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


View user profile

4 Re: [Gothix]'s Intern Application. on July 1st 2014, 8:14 pm

Thankees. ^^
And really? xD Awesome.

View user profile

5 Re: [Gothix]'s Intern Application. on July 2nd 2014, 1:49 am

avatar

Brooke.

GameMaster
GameMaster
Could you perhaps change the colours you used for your IGN's to the same as the rest? It kind of hurts my eyes, but besides that your application is nice.


____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


i like unicorns.

this is an outdated screenshot from before the server was released, i'm only gamemaster~
View user profile

6 Re: [Gothix]'s Intern Application. on July 2nd 2014, 3:47 am

Brooke. wrote:
Could you perhaps change the colours you used for your IGN's to the same as the rest?
Done. Thanks for the feedback and stuff. ^^

View user profile

7 Re: [Gothix]'s Intern Application. on July 2nd 2014, 5:01 am


Vermilion

Senior Member
Senior Member
WE NEED MORE STAFF, ZAKURA MAPLESTORY #2

View user profile

8 Re: [Gothix]'s Intern Application. on July 2nd 2014, 5:17 am

avatar

Faze

GameMaster
GameMaster
ExtaliaMS is the best


____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


View user profile

9 Re: [Gothix]'s Intern Application. on July 2nd 2014, 5:29 am


Vermilion

Senior Member
Senior Member
indeed

View user profile

10 Re: [Gothix]'s Intern Application. on July 2nd 2014, 6:04 am

avatar

Faze

GameMaster
GameMaster
Also MapleSwitch


____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


View user profile

11 Re: [Gothix]'s Intern Application. on July 2nd 2014, 6:53 am


Vermilion

Senior Member
Senior Member
Zakura Maplestory

View user profile

12 Re: [Gothix]'s Intern Application. on July 2nd 2014, 4:58 pm

Vermilion wrote:Zakura Maplestory
I played ZakuraMS once upon a time. xD It was a long time ago, though.

View user profile

13 Re: [Gothix]'s Intern Application. on July 2nd 2014, 6:15 pm

avatar

Faze

GameMaster
GameMaster
Lol I never played it before but I kept getting random Facebook message from people telling me to play


____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


View user profile

14 Re: [Gothix]'s Intern Application. on July 2nd 2014, 11:06 pm


Hex

Junior Member
Junior Member
No, application denied. The fact that you would even apply for anything remotely close to a Game Master position is absurd. There is like 10 players daily, if that, and there's already what? 7 Game Master's. Not only that, I personally don't like you just because you constantly use 'xD' which to me implies you're a complete faggot. Although I have no real power, I have the power to psychologically manipulate your actions. This application will be removed completely within a matter of seconds.

View user profile

15 Re: [Gothix]'s Intern Application. on July 2nd 2014, 11:28 pm


Vermilion

Senior Member
Senior Member
Hex wrote:No, application denied. The fact that you would even apply for anything remotely close to a Game Master position is absurd. There is like 10 players daily, if that, and there's already what? 7 Game Master's. Not only that, I personally don't like you just because you constantly use 'xD' which to me  implies you're a complete faggot. Although I have no real power, I have the power to psychologically manipulate your actions. This application will be removed completely within a matter of seconds.
agree with the 7 game masters point

View user profile

16 Re: [Gothix]'s Intern Application. on July 3rd 2014, 12:02 am

Hex wrote:No, application denied. The fact that you would even apply for anything remotely close to a Game Master position is absurd. There is like 10 players daily, if that, and there's already what? 7 Game Master's. Not only that, I personally don't like you just because you constantly use 'xD' which to me  implies you're a complete faggot. Although I have no real power, I have the power to psychologically manipulate your actions. This application will be removed completely within a matter of seconds.
Could be worse. At least I'm not a robot. <3
Or you, but I won't go there. You do make a decent point about the online players v GMs though.

View user profile

17 Re: [Gothix]'s Intern Application. on July 3rd 2014, 2:49 am

avatar

Sai

Former Staff
Former Staff
I can see how much effort you put into this application, however, having no experience as a gm will not help the server at all. Having to learn and practice the routines of a gm is going to be difficult for yourself and also those who are teaching you.

But, i have seen you help out some new comers on the website's xat and it is really helpful to them and to the staff. If i were to add you to the the team i would make you a moderator on the forums and on xat.

View user profile

18 Re: [Gothix]'s Intern Application. on July 3rd 2014, 3:05 am


Vermilion

Senior Member
Senior Member
just make a test server for urself and practice

View user profile

19 Re: [Gothix]'s Intern Application. on July 3rd 2014, 3:16 am

Sai wrote:I can see how much effort you put into this application, however, having no experience as a gm will not help the server at all. Having to learn and practice the routines of a gm is going to be difficult for yourself and also those who are teaching you.

But, i have seen you help out some new comers on the website's xat and it is really helpful to them and to the staff. If i were to add you to the the team i would make you a moderator on the forums and on xat.

Fair enough. Thanks for the feedback, though.
As for effort, I dunno if I'd really go that far. I allowed too much personality, so it detracted from any amount of professionalism that may have been there. It was designed moreso to see if I could be accepted than it was to get me accepted, if that makes any sense whatsoever.

View user profile

20 Re: [Gothix]'s Intern Application. on July 3rd 2014, 4:10 am


Hex

Junior Member
Junior Member
Sai wrote:I can see how much effort you put into this application, however, having no experience as a gm will not help the server at all. Having to learn and practice the routines of a gm is going to be difficult for yourself and also those who are teaching you.

But, i have seen you help out some new comers on the website's xat and it is really helpful to them and to the staff. If i were to add you to the the team i would make you a moderator on the forums and on xat.

I honestly don't know how to respond to this. Are you fucking retarded? This is exactly what I meant by extirpating these corpulent fucks. Do you honestly think what you faggots do is a complicated task, perhaps even tedious? Haha, anyone with a set of hands can do this stupid shit. Please stop acting like being an almighty Game Master involves such high intellect. What's even better is you make it sound like you're running some huge operation here. I can only imagine how hard it must be to host some shit events, and possibly ban some shit kids. Perhaps if this server had over 1,000 players it would be a different story.

View user profile

21 Re: [Gothix]'s Intern Application. on July 3rd 2014, 7:11 am

avatar

Lucy

Senior Member
Senior Member
Hex wrote:
Sai wrote:I can see how much effort you put into this application, however, having no experience as a gm will not help the server at all. Having to learn and practice the routines of a gm is going to be difficult for yourself and also those who are teaching you.

But, i have seen you help out some new comers on the website's xat and it is really helpful to them and to the staff. If i were to add you to the the team i would make you a moderator on the forums and on xat.

I honestly don't know how to respond to this. Are you fucking retarded? This is exactly what I meant by extirpating these corpulent fucks. Do you honestly think what you faggots do is a complicated task, perhaps even tedious? Haha, anyone with a set of hands can do this stupid shit. Please stop acting like being an almighty Game Master involves such high intellect. What's even better is you make it sound like you're running some huge operation here. I can only imagine how hard it must be to host some shit events, and possibly ban some shit kids. Perhaps if this server had over 1,000 players it would be a different story.

If this server is full of faggots and retards may I ask why you are still here? It's nice to receive criticism sometimes but people can overdo it. You seem like you can be an awesome guy in the server but you can go too far at times.

View user profile

22 Re: [Gothix]'s Intern Application. on July 3rd 2014, 9:55 am


Vermilion

Senior Member
Senior Member
130 ppl was hard for me, kinda ://///

View user profile

23 Re: [Gothix]'s Intern Application. on July 3rd 2014, 11:13 am

avatar

Sai

Former Staff
Former Staff
Hex wrote:
Sai wrote:I can see how much effort you put into this application, however, having no experience as a gm will not help the server at all. Having to learn and practice the routines of a gm is going to be difficult for yourself and also those who are teaching you.

But, i have seen you help out some new comers on the website's xat and it is really helpful to them and to the staff. If i were to add you to the the team i would make you a moderator on the forums and on xat.

I honestly don't know how to respond to this. Are you fucking retarded? This is exactly what I meant by extirpating these corpulent fucks. Do you honestly think what you faggots do is a complicated task, perhaps even tedious? Haha, anyone with a set of hands can do this stupid shit. Please stop acting like being an almighty Game Master involves such high intellect. What's even better is you make it sound like you're running some huge operation here. I can only imagine how hard it must be to host some shit events, and possibly ban some shit kids. Perhaps if this server had over 1,000 players it would be a different story.

I dont really care if you think its hard or not but some people are just not fit to become a gm. Its not just because it may be difficult or not, its because some people just might not do a good job at it. Im sure you've had a terrible gm in one of ur private servers. Some are not fit for the task.

View user profile

24 Re: [Gothix]'s Intern Application. on July 3rd 2014, 12:00 pm

avatar

Jennalei.

Head GameMaster
Head GameMaster
Regarding lack of experience, I disagree.

Everyone has to start somewhere. I'm willing to take the time and effort to mentor an Intern, no matter who it is. The only thing that matters to me is if he/she is willing to learn, and if he/she seems to have the potential. Experience is not hard to gain.

Besides, if no one took a chance with us, we'd be in the same boat. c;

View user profile

25 Re: [Gothix]'s Intern Application. on July 3rd 2014, 12:18 pm

avatar

Lucy

Senior Member
Senior Member
Jennalei. wrote:
Regarding lack of experience, I disagree.

Everyone has to start somewhere. I'm willing to take the time and effort to mentor an Intern, no matter who it is. The only thing that matters to me is if he/she is willing to learn, and if he/she seems to have the potential. Experience is not hard to gain.

Besides, if no one took a chance with us, we'd be in the same boat. c;

<333

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum