You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]


1 [Gothix]'s Intern Application. on July 1st 2014, 7:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

Name: Vince.

IGN(s): Gothix (Main), Kurayami

Age: 17. (well, 17 in like three weeks..)

Timezone:
Central.

Playing hours (EST):
After I finish my community service this week, pretty much any time I feel like it. Which is basically no-lifing it, so.. xD

Prior GM experience (optional):
None, but I've helped GMs many, many times on different servers. I've been known to give advice where it's needed, be it to staff, players, people who would later be players, etc. I also have a habit of being the "tech support" on Xat, so I know a few things about helping people get set-up and stuff (yay TeamViewer).

How long have you been a part of the Exodus community(In game and forums)?
I've heard about it from a few different people passing through and stuff, but I've personally been around for maybe.. a day, at the time of writing/typing this at best [a week at the time of editing it]. I'm already familiar with most of, if not all of the basics, and have already been doing my usual player support role on the xat.

What is the role of an Intern?
Player support and a technical "GM-in-training". They don't exactly have all the perks of being a GM, but they can be almost as beneficial as one if they do their job correctly, and can greatly reduce the load of a GM's daily problems. It's also in-part a non-permanent role to see if the person would be fit to be a GM once they gain the necessary training.
They're also there to learn about the more intrinsic parts of the game and staff life to make sure they'd even be interested in the long-run before any final decisions would be made about their use/value in the position.


Why do you want to be an Intern?
To be honest, partially out of curiosity. I've always wondered what it's like to be a GM, so at the very least, it'd be good training for later experience.
I also have plenty of experience dealing with hackers and botters already, and have filled in for GMs many times because they were being lazy, so I'd like to see if I can prove as beneficial to the community as I've been told I would be on my own, with my own reputation instead of using some well-known person's power for them.
I also just like to help people that much, as anyone that's ever met me would probably tell you. I'm that guy that loves to sit there and listen to people's problems, and try to help or do whatever I can. Having the ability to do that is almost like a dream for me, even if it isn't on a personal level per-se. Some would argue that I'm in it for the power, and there's not really any convincing anyone otherwise unless they know me personally, but I'll state that I'm not anyways because when it comes down to it, I'm really not.


Why should we pick you?
Aside from the fact that I'm fairly loyal and highly adaptable, rarely slack, and have slight experience, I dunno. Pick me if you want. I'm sure there are much more affable and viable applicants out there, just figured I'd do my part to contribute if at all possible. I've been told to apply for, and recommended to be a GM many times by many staff members and players of other servers,but I've never bothered. Always figured I'd just get rejected. I just hope that if I do get the role, I won't be a burden. The upside to that though, is that this server is still in beta, so even if I were to be deemed useless, it wouldn't cause any permanent damage.

Extra Information (optional):
I suppose I could say that I'm usually well-liked and am extremely fair (doing jury duties currently, lol). I dunno how much of a role that plays in final decisions about this stuff. [Sorry if I ranted a bit in the edit, I have problems with keeping my personality out of things that are supposed to be at least semi-professional. I hope it's not too annoying; I did my best to make it presentable.]
Also, my Skype info is on my profile if it's needed or anyone needs to speak to me personally. Aside from that, thanks for taking the time to bother reading this. xD Hope to hear from ya' one way or another sometime soon.



Last edited by ҳ̸֗ҲǤøтңιӿ۰ṄιԍңтᴍaᴙεҲ̸̛͓֗ on July 8th 2014, 1:21 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Editing IGN colors. (1) Adding needed information. (2))

View user profile

26 Re: [Gothix]'s Intern Application. on July 3rd 2014, 12:32 pm

avatar

Faze

GameMaster
GameMaster
OHHHHh DAMN the HGM (powerful)


____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


View user profile

27 Re: [Gothix]'s Intern Application. on July 3rd 2014, 1:58 pm

avatar

pubby

Junior Member
Junior Member
ooh i see internships open for this server!
I enjoy your color scheme for the application alot!! i think it makes it easier to read, plus, it looks nicer
i think youre application is good overall writing wise also

good luck !! :-)

View user profile

28 Re: [Gothix]'s Intern Application. on July 3rd 2014, 2:04 pm


Hex

Junior Member
Junior Member
Sai wrote:
Hex wrote:
Sai wrote:I can see how much effort you put into this application, however, having no experience as a gm will not help the server at all. Having to learn and practice the routines of a gm is going to be difficult for yourself and also those who are teaching you.

But, i have seen you help out some new comers on the website's xat and it is really helpful to them and to the staff. If i were to add you to the the team i would make you a moderator on the forums and on xat.

I honestly don't know how to respond to this. Are you fucking retarded? This is exactly what I meant by extirpating these corpulent fucks. Do you honestly think what you faggots do is a complicated task, perhaps even tedious? Haha, anyone with a set of hands can do this stupid shit. Please stop acting like being an almighty Game Master involves such high intellect. What's even better is you make it sound like you're running some huge operation here. I can only imagine how hard it must be to host some shit events, and possibly ban some shit kids. Perhaps if this server had over 1,000 players it would be a different story.

I dont really care if you think its hard or not but some people are just not fit to become a gm. Its  not just because it may be difficult or not, its because some people just might not do a good job at it. Im sure you've had a terrible gm in one of ur private servers. Some are not fit for the task.

Uhm, no, not really. It's not a matter of being fit or not; it's a matter of actually giving a fuck about doing the 'GM duties'. And let's be honest here, how many GM's in any of the private servers truly care about doing the 'GM duties'...Nobody, they only care about the power that comes with it. So, no...It's not a matter of being 'fit for the job' or not. Thank you for making another retarded statement. Can I suggest this thread get closed, giving that every thing posted from the end of page one and beyond is irrelevant to the thread.

View user profile

29 Re: [Gothix]'s Intern Application. on July 3rd 2014, 3:05 pm

Hex wrote:Uhm, no, not really. It's not a matter of being fit or not; it's a matter of actually giving a fuck about doing the 'GM duties'. And let's be honest here, how many GM's in any of the private servers truly care about doing the 'GM duties'...Nobody, they only care about the power that comes with it. So, no...It's not a matter of being 'fit for the job' or not. Thank you for making another retarded statement. Can I suggest this thread get closed, giving that every thing posted from the end of page one and beyond is irrelevant to the thread.

I could just quote Spider-Man and make this easier on myself, but eh.

There are reasons I applied for the Internship position, aside from the fact that I'm willing to learn to be as good as, if not better, than the 'average' GM (being the ones that you described).
1. It'd be fucking retarded to think I could aim directly for GM duties with no experience, even if the position was currently open.
2. The main reason for my application in the first place is to see if I'd have any value. Part of that is testing to see if I could handle that kind of thing without it getting to my head. I'm in it for the contribution and experience, and to do those tasks no one can be bothered to if given the opportunity and time I need to learn how. I'd be more than happy to, for that matter. If not though, then oh well. It's not like I'm sitting here begging for a staff position, it's just an application.

View user profile

30 Re: [Gothix]'s Intern Application. on July 3rd 2014, 7:11 pm


Vermilion

Senior Member
Senior Member
Jennalei. wrote:
Regarding lack of experience, I disagree.

Everyone has to start somewhere. I'm willing to take the time and effort to mentor an Intern, no matter who it is. The only thing that matters to me is if he/she is willing to learn, and if he/she seems to have the potential. Experience is not hard to gain.

Besides, if no one took a chance with us, we'd be in the same boat. c;
did u just delete my post regarding me saying to make the font bigger??? dont pls

View user profile

31 Re: [Gothix]'s Intern Application. on July 3rd 2014, 8:17 pm

avatar

mdma

Junior Member
Junior Member
You guys need to shut the fuck up, seriously. If any of you really think that ANY applicant is actually applying because they want to HELP players... you're fucking retarded. Dylan is right. Of course nobody actually wants to help anybody, thus, experience is not needed to be a GM. Only thing needed to be a "somewhat ok" GM is a working brain. You're only applying for the benefits and the powers. The GM job is not tedious...

View user profile

32 Re: [Gothix]'s Intern Application. on July 3rd 2014, 8:22 pm

mdma wrote:You guys need to shut the fuck up, seriously. If any of you really think that ANY applicant is actually applying because they want to HELP players... you're fucking retarded. Dylan is right. Of course nobody actually wants to help anybody, thus, experience is not needed to be a GM. Only thing needed to be a "somewhat ok" GM is a working brain. You're only applying for the benefits and the powers. The GM job is not tedious...

I've already presented my case against this. Not too terribly much of a point in doing so again.

View user profile

33 Re: [Gothix]'s Intern Application. on July 3rd 2014, 8:24 pm

avatar

mdma

Junior Member
Junior Member
ҳ̸֗ҲǤøтңιӿ۰ṄιԍңтᴍaᴙεҲ̸̛͓֗ wrote:
mdma wrote:You guys need to shut the fuck up, seriously. If any of you really think that ANY applicant is actually applying because they want to HELP players... you're fucking retarded. Dylan is right. Of course nobody actually wants to help anybody, thus, experience is not needed to be a GM. Only thing needed to be a "somewhat ok" GM is a working brain. You're only applying for the benefits and the powers. The GM job is not tedious...

I've already presented my case against this. Not too terribly much of a point in doing so again.

Good. You've made your point. Why this application is not already closed and moved to the deny section is beyond me.

View user profile

34 Re: [Gothix]'s Intern Application. on July 3rd 2014, 8:54 pm


Vermilion

Senior Member
Senior Member
derek ily

View user profile

35 Re: [Gothix]'s Intern Application. on July 4th 2014, 4:12 am

avatar

Faze

GameMaster
GameMaster
Hi Derek HI Joker Hi Cas


____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


View user profile

36 Re: [Gothix]'s Intern Application. on July 8th 2014, 12:09 pm

avatar

Elementry

Intern
Intern
Hey,
I enjoyed reading the application, I truly did, but there were some particular points that ''pointed out'' to me. Please, do not see this as an insult, just as some constructive criticism.

ҳ̸֗ҲǤøтңιӿ۰ṄιԍңтᴍaᴙεҲ̸̛͓֗ wrote:
Prior GM experience (optional):
Level 2. In other words, I suppose you could say they're a "beta-GM", or "GM-in-training". Intern is the level before GM, which is used to determine whether said Intern will have any value as a GM/staff in general.

I think that you misunderstood this question. They asked what the role of an Intern was. Not what level of GM it was and what it's called other than Intern.


ҳ̸֗ҲǤøтңιӿ۰ṄιԍңтᴍaᴙεҲ̸̛͓֗ wrote:Why do you want to be an Intern?
To be honest, partially out of curiosity. I've always wondered what it's like to be a GM, so at the very least, it'd be good training for later experience.
I also have plenty of experience dealing with hackers and botters already, and have filled in for GMs many times because they were being lazy, so I'd like to see if I can prove as beneficial to the community as I've been told I would be on my own, with my own reputation.

Partially out of curiosity? What would be the other reason(s)? I'm curious!
-

Overall, nice application, Goodluck.

View user profile

37 Re: [Gothix]'s Intern Application. on July 8th 2014, 12:47 pm

Elementry wrote:Hey,
I enjoyed reading the application, I truly did, but there were some particular points that ''pointed out'' to me. Please, do not see this as an insult, just as some constructive criticism.

ҳ̸֗ҲǤøтңιӿ۰ṄιԍңтᴍaᴙεҲ̸̛͓֗ wrote:
Prior GM experience (optional):
Level 2. In other words, I suppose you could say they're a "beta-GM", or "GM-in-training". Intern is the level before GM, which is used to determine whether said Intern will have any value as a GM/staff in general.

I think that you misunderstood this question. They asked what the role of an Intern was. Not what level of GM it was and what it's called other than Intern.


ҳ̸֗ҲǤøтңιӿ۰ṄιԍңтᴍaᴙεҲ̸̛͓֗ wrote:Why do you want to be an Intern?
To be honest, partially out of curiosity. I've always wondered what it's like to be a GM, so at the very least, it'd be good training for later experience.
I also have plenty of experience dealing with hackers and botters already, and have filled in for GMs many times because they were being lazy, so I'd like to see if I can prove as beneficial to the community as I've been told I would be on my own, with my own reputation.

Partially out of curiosity? What would be the other reason(s)? I'm curious!
-

Overall, nice application, Goodluck.

Thanks for the criticism. I'll be sure to fix that stuff when I'm not too tired to think about the difference between purple and barney (in about ten hours or so), lol. I just met you in-game though, didn't I?

View user profile

38 Re: [Gothix]'s Intern Application. on July 8th 2014, 1:00 pm

avatar

Elementry

Intern
Intern
ҳ̸֗ҲǤøтңιӿ۰ṄιԍңтᴍaᴙεҲ̸̛͓֗ wrote:

Thanks for the criticism. I'll be sure to fix that stuff when I'm not too tired to think about the difference between purple and barney (in about ten hours or so), lol. I just met you in-game though, didn't I?

That is correct, yes. We just met in-game!

View user profile

39 Re: [Gothix]'s Intern Application. on July 8th 2014, 1:24 pm

Elementry wrote:[That is correct, yes. We just met in-game!

Nice to meet you again, then. Feel free to review the new info I put in and pick it apart as you please, I'm always open to constructive criticism. Thanks again, lol. Hope to hang out in-game sometime.

View user profile

40 Re: [Gothix]'s Intern Application. on July 8th 2014, 5:16 pm

avatar

timothyk411

Junior Member
Junior Member
Your app was very well written, and the whole "It was designed moreso to see if I could be accepted than it was to get me accepted, if that makes any sense whatsoever" is what I really liked, haha. Good luck.


____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________



권유리 <3
View user profile

41 Re: [Gothix]'s Intern Application. on July 8th 2014, 8:37 pm

timothyk411 wrote:Your app was very well written, and the whole "It was designed moreso to see if I could be accepted than it was to get me accepted, if that makes any sense whatsoever" is what I really liked, haha. Good luck.

I'm glad you enjoyed reading it. I was hoping it'd be as fun to read as it would be convincing, lol. Trying to sum up your personality whilst still trying to sound professional is more of a pain in the ass than I thought, but there wasn't much effort once it got started. Just flowed. Thanks for the support and stuff, though. ^^ Make sure ya' add me ingame if you want, and feel free to ask for help and stuff.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum