Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Count to 100 before a staff posts.
by Trouble July 13th 2014, 8:54 am

» EXCUSE ME WHERE ARE ALL THE PROMISED UPDATES
by Cunt July 11th 2014, 8:15 pm

» Error trying to run the .exe
by Elementry July 11th 2014, 8:40 am

» song
by Vermilion July 11th 2014, 1:22 am

» Lone's Signature Made by Lone
by eggyo July 10th 2014, 9:22 pm

» Report & Suggestions
by BamBam July 10th 2014, 9:00 pm

» Elementry's INTERN application.
by Lone July 10th 2014, 5:16 pm

» XXAZN420NLXX INTERN APPLICATION
by eli July 10th 2014, 5:10 pm

» Moderator Application [Mutalisk]
by timothyk411 July 10th 2014, 3:52 pm

» Highly Possible Return
by Kawaii July 10th 2014, 3:19 pm

Top posters
Faze (241)
Website/Forums suggestions Vote_lcapWebsite/Forums suggestions Voting_barWebsite/Forums suggestions Vote_rcap 
Vermilion (176)
Website/Forums suggestions Vote_lcapWebsite/Forums suggestions Voting_barWebsite/Forums suggestions Vote_rcap 
Kawaii (150)
Lucy (148)
Italy (74)
Legend (73)
Trouble (71)
Brooke. (50)
Kuroko (41)
BamBam (39)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Website/Forums suggestions Empty Website/Forums suggestions June 20th 2014, 10:06 am

eli

1. Move the website off the 'exodusmaple' sub-directory, and have it on the main one (www/htdocs).
Unless you want to have a portal in the future on the main one, but then again I personally prefer having a sub directory '/portal', that will direct to the main website. That way people coming from GTOP can see the portal, while people coming on the website to vote don't have to bother with it.

2. Buy a domain, zapto.org is not really appealing and look really unprofessional. I personally suggest [Only admins are allowed to see this link] I use them myself, and I'm pleased. There are a lot of bad reviews about them, but they are one of the biggest and by far cheapest domain registrars. (They have $0.99 com/net domains atm)

3. Move the forums to a real platform. I understand you might not want to risk with a nulled vBul & can't afford a licensed one but you could use MyBB which is a free alternative with a lot of really nice mods/themes to put it on par with vBul (and far better than forumotion)

Goodluck!  Embarassed 

2Website/Forums suggestions Empty Re: Website/Forums suggestions June 20th 2014, 10:08 am

Italy

Italy

Founder
Founder
Are you buttocks owner of Solstice?

https://exodustalk.forumotion.com

3Website/Forums suggestions Empty Re: Website/Forums suggestions June 20th 2014, 10:09 am

eli

does it make a difference o.o

4Website/Forums suggestions Empty Re: Website/Forums suggestions June 20th 2014, 10:11 am

Italy

Italy

Founder
Founder
eli wrote:does it make a difference o.o

Was just curious. Thank you for the suggestions, I am looking to get a .com domain after I set things up. And we do have things planned to either switch the forums to Xenforo or MyBB

5Website/Forums suggestions Empty Re: Website/Forums suggestions June 20th 2014, 10:15 am

eli

you're welcome!!
yes im buttocks

6Website/Forums suggestions Empty Re: Website/Forums suggestions June 20th 2014, 10:16 am

Vermilion

if u got xenforo, use it.

7Website/Forums suggestions Empty Re: Website/Forums suggestions June 20th 2014, 10:20 am

Italy

Italy

Founder
Founder
Also purchasing exodusmaple.com from [Only admins are allowed to see this link] Thank you @[Only admins are allowed to see this link]!!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum